Getting To & From
Drop Off & Pick Up
REMINDER: PARKING ON THE DEPARTURES AND ARRIVALS CURBS IS PROHIBITED.
Kansas City International Airport offers several convenient options for dropping-off and picking-up passengers at the airport terminals. Drop off is located on the upper level at the departures curb and pick up is located on the lower level at the arrivals curb. Please follow roadway signage for either departures or arrivals.
For navigation purposes, enter 1 Kansas City Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64153 into your navigation device.
We recommend planning ahead in order to make this process as smooth as possible. Here are a few tips to help plan your trip:
- Be sure you have your traveler's flight number and check its status before heading to the airport.
- Strict federal security directives prohibit parked or unattended vehicles on the roadways in front of the terminal, even for a short time. You may pull to the curb in front of the terminal only long enough to drop off or pick up a traveler. When picking up, the traveler must be waiting outside the terminal before you pull curbside; parking your vehicle at the curb while you wait for arriving travelers to emerge from the terminal is not allowed. Unattended vehicles may be ticketed and towed.
- When picking someone up from the airport, find out if your traveler has checked any bags. It sometimes takes a little while for bags to make it from the airplane to the baggage carousel. Parking curbside in front of the terminal is prohibited, so make sure your traveler has retrieved their bags and is waiting outside the terminal before pulling curbside.
- If you arrive to the airport before your traveler is ready for pick up, plan to park and wait at the Cell Phone Lot, located at 680 Brasilia Avenue (accessed from the Bern Street exit) near the Airport Marriott hotel. This location has nearly 100 spaces, restrooms, and is well-lit.
- If you are driving from a distance to pick-up a traveler, plan to park at the airport and wait inside. Please check the Parking section of the website for parking fees at the airport.
Click the map below for directions.
Arrive With Ease
There are plenty of ways passengers can get to and from Kansas City International Airport. Click your preferred mode of transportation below for more info.
Airport Shuttle Buses
ECONOMY BUS: Arriving every 15-20 minutes
GRAY RENTAL CAR BUS: Arriving every 5-10 minutes
All parking lot buses at Kansas City International Airport offer free 24/7 transportation and are wheelchair-accessible with “kneeling” capabilities. For more information, call 5201 from any in-terminal white courtesy phone (816-243-5201 outside).
ECONOMY BUS – To Economy Parking Lots
"Blue Buses" offer free 24/7 transportation between the Economy Parking Lots and the terminal. Stops are located on the commercial curb outside the terminal and are marked with overhead signs. In the Economy Lots, Blue Buses stop at each covered shelter.
GRAY BUS – To Rental Car Facility
“Gray Buses” offer free 24/7 transportation between the Consolidated Rental Car Facility and the terminal. Rental Car stops are located on the commercial curb and marked with overhead signs.
1 Nassau Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153
A number of car rental facilities are conveniently located at Kansas City International Airport. There are frequent free shuttles between the terminal and the rental car facility. For gray bus shuttle service to the Rental Car Facility, follow signs for Ground Transportation and take the take elevators, escalators, or stairs to the lower Arrivals area. Step outside and safely use the crosswalk across to the Commercial Curb. Look for the Rental Car Bus stop.
Kansas City International Airport has a number of transportation services, including app-based ride share services, such as Iris, Lyft, Uber, or zTrip. App-based ride share services are available through apps on your mobile device. Please wait until you have retrieved your bags and arrived at the Arrivals curb before booking an app-based ride. For pickup, please follow the signs down to the Arrivals commercial curb, and look for the purple signposts 2K-N. There are a limited number of spots available at the designated Ride Share curb, so please wait until you see your vehicle pull into a spot to enter the vehicle.
Below is a link to the VisitKC website where you can research shuttle services offering transportation to and from Kansas City International Airport. Before choosing, research your shuttle company choice carefully, as the Kansas City Aviation Department does not endorse nor guarantee any particular company.
Below is a link to the VisitKC website where you can research limousine services offering transportation to and from Kansas City International Airport. Before choosing, research your limousine company choice carefully, as the Kansas City Aviation Department does not endorse nor guarantee any particular company.
Taxi service can be called using your personal phone by dialing 816-243-2345. Make sure that you give the dispatcher your exact location.
Fares may be prorated (shared) when the originating passenger requests it and all other passengers agree.
Rates are $2.50 plus $2.10 per mile. Rates may vary due to traffic delays and waiting time.
City ordinance requires taxicab operators to take all trips regardless of length. If short-trip service is refused, obtain the name and vehicle number of the cab and report it by calling 816-243-5237. It is also illegal for taxi drivers to solicit your business without invitation.
RideKC operates to and from Kansas City International Airport every day of the week. The regular fare is free at this time. View the Kansas City International route map here or search RideKC's website for Route #229 at the Boardwalk-KCI transfer station.
For full information on RideKC's latest routes, schedules and additional information, please visit their website or contact RideKC directly at 816-221-0660.