What's everybody doing for ADS-B Out?

What kind of ADS-B Out Solution Will You Use?

• Not planning on installing it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

John

Feb 28, 2019
Installed the SkyBeacon last month. Electrically, it took 10 minutes to install and configure. Because my wingtip required the adapter fairing, that took a day of carving, trimming, and fitting, plus painting. Otherwise, flight test worked well...now waiting for my rebate.

Attachments

Reactions: sj

Mark Boguski

Feb 27, 2019
We have a 1977 Piper Archer and went with the Lynx 9000. We choose it because of the seperate screens that show traffic and weather without needing a tablet and without cluttering up our Garmin 430W screen. Its a great system and was only $500 more than the Garmin 345.` It provides wifi to my tablet and phone where I use ForeFlight.

Reactions: sj and SparksR

JazzerKC

Mar 16, 2019
Kansas CIty
I like it very much. I have the ESGi as well so having the Stratus 3 tucked under the panel for ADS-B In and using the antenna from the transponder makes it really nice. Unit has been rock solid so far. I had a old Narco transponder previously so I decided this was my cheapest route to get my bases covered.

DougTilghman

Mar 31, 2019
I jumped in early and got a Garmin GDL-88 installed in my 172 in 2015, along with a FlightStream 210 bluetooth interface. It was expensive, but I've really valued having the traffic and weather on my 430W, plus the interface to Foreflight on my iPad. It all works great.